Friday, September 10, 2010

Why Buy Original Art?

"This Bud's For You", oil, 9x12", Amy Evans
In this present economy why would anyone want to buy original art? Why buy art anyway? You can get posters, "prints", giclees, and other things to put on your walls.
I buy art because it brings joy to my life. It adds a spirit to my home that all those other things I mentioned don't have. It reminds me of places in a wonderful way. Art is never the same no matter how many times you look at it. You always see something new. Art can teach us to slow down and enjoy looking.
Original art is just that...it is one of a kind and you won't see it duplicated again. Even hand-pulled prints are originals in that the ink, etc., always has a variation. Each hand-pulled print is unique.
Art appeals to each of us in different ways. My art collection says something about me and what delights my eye.
I hope that this will inspire you to collect art too! Your life will never be the same.

No comments: